If you’re interested in deep cleaning, you may be wondering about the advantages of a handheld vacuum. Perhaps you have a few newer models in mind. But there is one glaring question that will keep sticking out at you: “What’s better? Corded or cordless?”
Both types of handhelds carry their own list of pros and cons. By familiarizing yourself with the advantages and disadvantages, you’ll be able to decide which type of handheld vacuum is best for you.
Some jobs are just too big to worry about charging times. Corded vacuums can really come in handy when you need to vacuum over a long period of time. There are several other advantages to having a corded handheld as well:
- Most corded handhelds offer over 20 feet of cord length, making it easy to reach most spots in a room.
- There is no worry about charge time or running out of batteries.
- It offers more power than cordless handhelds.
- Corded versions are often cheap and affordable.
- There is constant suction power.
- They have a longer lifespan.
While the advantages of corded handheld cleaners are convenient for a variety of different jobs, there are a few associated cons with this more traditional model:
- Corded handhelds are limited by the length of their cord, often making it difficult to reach corner spaces.
- The wires can cause trips or falls.
- They are more expensive to replace.
They are also less mobile if your job requires you to span multiple floors or travel around often. In these cases, a cordless handheld may be a better choice.
When considering the advantages of newer cordless models, there are a variety of things to consider. What kind of job are you using it for? Where will you be needing it most? You’ll find that most owners prefer cordless handhelds, and here are a few of the reasons why they are making that choice:
- They offer great portability and accessibility to tight spaces.
- Cordless vacuums are much less likely to malfunction and require a smaller warranty.
- They are very light and easy to carry from job to job.
- They run on batteries, saving you money and energy with electricity.
- The tray is equipped with a variety of different tools to help in any situation.
While cordless handheld vacuums are often more popular than their traditional counterparts, they aren’t always the correct choice for everyone. Here are a few reasons why:
- They are often more expensive, ranging from $50 to $150.
- They are less powerful.
- They can be heavier with the equipped battery pack.
- It needs to be charged very often.
Choose What’s Right for You!
After reviewing the advantages and disadvantages of both models, you can assess which type of handheld vacuum is right for you. When looking at cordless vs. corded handhelds, the list of pros and cons can help you decide how to get the job done the best.
While most owners prefer the newer cordless handheld models, there are many reasons why people prefer traditional corded vacs as well. They can offer power and consistent energy, whereas the cordless handhelds offer mobility and accessibility.